Walking with WALK HACKNEY has many benefits:
- Develop your knowledge of history;
- A chance to meet people;
- Get more familiar with your local area: feel more a part of it;
- Walking is physically good for us;
- It counts towards the WHO’s recommended 150 minutes of moderate intensity exercise per week;
- Walking uses almost every muscle in the body:
- Leg muscles to initiate and control movement;
- Core muscles to stabilise the body as we walk;
- No special equipment is needed;
- Minimal risk of injury, as we can walk for extended periods of time with low impact.
Such an interesting walk. Sean is clearly very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about his subject and it was a joy to discover Stoke Newington with him as our guide.
attended Stoke Newington Walk