– Saturday 25th March at 11 am
– I am sorry but this walk planned for Saturday 29th July has had to be cancelled.
This longer 3.5 hour walk will take you up Stamford Hill and, like the good old Duke of York, down again, tracing the area’s place in Hackney’s history and the different types of people who have lived and passed through there.
- How old is the Jewish community of Stamford Hill?
- Which 18th century crime was the area feared for?
- Locate Hackney’s Gibbet Hill
The walk will return through north Stoke Newington to visit a couple of little-known Victorian gems: Allens Gardens and take time to see inside St. Andrew’s Church, where tea, coffee and biscuits will be available, to admire the late Victorian murals.
Duration: 3.5 hours
Start: Abney Park Cemetery Gates, Stoke Newington High St, London, N16 0LH at 11am
End: Abney Park Cemetery Gates, Stoke Newington High St, London, N16 0LH
To Book: text/phone 07710 414240 or email email@example.com.