- Saturday, 29th February at 11am.
- Saturday, 21st November at 11am
Trace Hackney’s heritage from Saxon settlement to city borough, with its rich diversity forged by 400 years of immigration from all over Britain and various parts of the world. The walk will include a visit to Hackney Museum, climbing 135 steps to the top of the 13th century St. Augustine’s Tower, to admire the view over Hackney and beyond, and finish in the Linen Fold Parlour of 1535 Sutton House.
- How did Hackney get its name?
- What brought Samuel Pepys to Hackney?
- Which significant murder happened in Hackney on 9 July 1864?
Duration: 2¼ hours
Cost: £10 (£8 concessions)
Start: Hackney Town Hall Steps, Mare Street, London E8 1EA at 11am
End: Sutton House, 2-4 Homerton High St London, E9 6JQ
BOOKING: contact 07710 414240 or email@example.com