Walk Hackney – COVID-19 Precautions
- The guide will maintain the current government recommended social distancing during the walk.
- Until further notice, no more than 10 customers will be accepted on a walk to allow for appropriate social distancing during a walk.
- If requested by the majority of customers on the walk, the guide will wear a mask or mask shield during the walk.
- Prior to each walk, the guide will have inspected the route to be followed to ensure that at each stop along the walk there is sufficient space to allow for social distancing for the guide and 10 customers.
- For test and trace purposes, the guide will have noted contact details for each customer attending a walk when the customer’s place was booked.
- Pictures, maps or other artefacts will no longer be passed around the group during a walk.
- The usual Walk Hackney ‘Guess the Paces’ competition and Quiz will not be available to avoid shared handling of pens and paper.
- The route maps, usually distributed amongst the walkers at the beginning of a walk, will instead be sent to each customer when a booking is made.
- Customers should not attend the walk if they are displaying symptoms of COVID-19. The Guide will not lead a walk if any customer is unwell or displaying COVID-19 symptoms. If this is the case and the walk is cancelled, customers will be refunded.
- The guide will remind customers of these points at the start of each walk.
Here’s to looking forward to further easing of lockdown and getting back to as it was!
Sean Gubbins – Walk Hackney – 27 May 2021